Based on regulations by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board, all online gaming operators are required to ensure players are physically located in the state of Pennsylvania to play for real money online. Upon accessing a casino game or placing a sports wager, you will be geo-located based on Wi-Fi signals to ensure you are physically located in the state of Pennsylvania.
Articles in this section
- Why can’t I play? Do I need a GeoComply plugin?
- What is Geo-Location?
- If I'm using a public Wi-Fi hotspot to access the internet, can I still be accurately geo-located?
- How do you know that I’m in Pennsylvania?
- What can I do if I am incorrectly identified as being outside Pennsylvania from a desktop or laptop computer?
- If I'm located within Pennsylvania, but near the state borders, will I be accurately located within the state of Pennsylvania?
- If I have proxy or VPN software, such as Witopia, OpenVPN, or HMA, actively running on my laptop or desktop, can I still be accurately geo-located?
- How do I turn on the Wi-Fi on my mobile device?
- How can I turn off or remove remote desktop software, which may prevent accurate location verification?
- If I have remote desktop software, such as LogMeIn or GoToMyPC, actively running on my laptop or desktop, can I still be accurately geo-located?